The Center for Religious Studies (CERES) welcomes applications for the position of a research associate (TV-L 13, 39,83 weekly working hours for a postdoc, 29,8725 hours for a doctoral student). The position is available for a period of three years. The future research associate will teach and conduct research at the chair for the History of Religions in Western Asia (Prof. Dr. Kianoosh Rezania). Teaching obligations will be in accordance with §3 Lehrpflichtverordnung NRW (i.e. 3 or 4 SWS respectively). With regards to research, the research associate will develop funding applications independently and contribute to the applications already under development.
The Ruhr-Universität Bochum is an equal opportunities employer.
- At least a MA degree in Religious Studies or a related discipline relevant to the History of Religions in Western Asia (e.g. Iranian Studies, Islamic Studies etc.)
- experiences and certified ability for academic teaching, capability for teaching (4 SWS) of classes in West Asian History of Religions in the religious study programs of CERES,
- willingness and capability to apply for third-party funded research projects,
- detailed knowledge of the history of at least on relevant religious tradition of West Asia as for example Zoroastrianism, Islam, Manichaeism, Christianity, Judaism,
- profound knowledge of German and/or English both oral and written form,
- willingness to engange in the academic self-administration.
If interested, please submit your application via e-mail (one single pdf-file) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will include a cover letter explaining applicants’ interest in this position, a detailed CV, a list of publications, copies of relevant certificates, a short research proposal with research interests (3 pages maximum). The deadline for application is 15 July 2018. Expenses for travel, accommodation, and loss of earnings in the context of job interviews will not be redeemed.
Please find the official job offer (in German only) on the website of Stellenwerk Bochum.