The Center for Religious Studies (CERES) invites applications for one position as research associate (wissenschaflicher Mitarbeiter/in). Earliest starting day is the 1st of May 2018. The position is limited until 31st of October 2021. The successful applicant will cooperate with the Professor of History of West Asian Religions, Kianoosh Rezania.
CERES offers study programmes in religious studies, both for undergraduate as well graduate students. Both programmes bring together systematical approaches of the subject with the study of the material history of religions and connect them to the mannifold research projects at CERES.
The successful applicant is expected to colaborate both in the field of research especially by developing new designs and applications for future research projects, as well as in the recent project "The Genesis of the Pahlavi Text Corpus in the Early Muslim Era".
The amount of teaching load is in regard to §3 of the Lehrverpflichtungsordnung NRW.
Tasks & requirements:
- excellent PhD thesis in religious studies or another subject relevant for the history of religions of West Asia (e. g. Iranian studies, Islamic studies)
- practical experience and proof of academic teaching skills, competence to teach courses within the different religious studies programmes on the history of religions of West Asia
- willingness and competence to apply for third-party funded research projects
- research focus on the history, texts and languages (especially Middle Persian) of Zoroastrianism and religions interacting with is, as Manichaeism and Islam
- high proficiency and literacy in German and English
- willingless to engange in academic self-administration
Additionally it is requested of the applicant to have
- practical experience of working in interdisciplinary research environments
Please send your application (covering letter, CV, list of publications, including copies of certificates) as one single pdf file to Tim Karis until the 31st of March 2018.
Find more information on this job in the official job offer (in German only) at Stellenwerk.