CfA | Several Fellowships for Research on (Trans-)Formation of Religious Traditions in the Context of Intra- and Interreligious Contact
The Käte Hamburger Kolleg "Dynamics in the History of Religions between Asia and Europe" at Ruhr University Bochum, Germany, invites applications for
Research on (Trans-)Formation of Religious Traditions in the Context of Intra- and Interreligious Contact
during the academic year October 2014 through September 2015.
What we can offer:
- Time and space for research in an interdisciplinary environment;
- up to 70,000 € (= about 95,000 $) (gross rate) either as a grant or as a salary for the fellow's substitute at his or her home institution;
- good infrastructure (libraries etc.); travel expenses related to research activities;
- means for organizing congresses or workshops.
What we would expect:
- Research on processes of shaping and condensation, invention and narration of religious traditions in the context of intra- and interreligious contact;
- your presence during the fellowship term;
- commited participation in the consortium's activities;
- substantial research results in form of publications.
The retrospective and relational construct "tradition" is important in the religious field and in Religious Studies in terms of e.g. identifiablity, adaptability, translatability, comparability etc. of religions. We invite projects focusing on any period from ancient to contemporary, which address aspects of encounter, conceptual construction and historical reconstruction, mutual exchange, formation and transformation of religious traditions in comparative case studies and/or from systematic perspectives.
Applicants must at least hold a Ph.D. The Ruhr University Bochum is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and members of minorities to apply.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, a current CV including a list of publications, and an exposé of the intended research of about 5 pages. Application materials should be submitted by e-mail. Please send your application before March 15th, 2014 to Lucia an der Brügge (firstname.lastname@example.org).