The pubic panel discussion "Religiöse Pluralität in der Gesellschaft und ihre Herausforderungen" ("Religious Diversity and its Challenges for Society") opens the newly established graduate school Regulating Religious Diversity in the Region (RePliR) on 1st of December 2016. The discussion will be in German only.
The panelists are:
- Prof. Dr. Thomas K. Bauer (economist, Bochum)
- Staatssekretär Thorsten Klute (under-secretary of state for integration, state of North Rhine-Westphalia NRW, Düsseldorf)
- Prof. Dr. Detlef Pollack (sociologist of religion, Münster)
- Prof. Dr. Barbara Thomaß (communication and media studies, Bochum)
- Prof. Dr. Hinnerk Wissmann (law, Münster)
The discussion will be moderated by Viola van Melis. More information [German only]
The interdisciplinary graduate school Religiöse Pluralität und ihre Regulierung in der Region (RePliR) focusses on the impact of religious pluralisation in the two Western German regions of Münsterland and the Ruhr area. It is funded by the Minstery of Innovation, Science and Research of the Bundesland North Rhine-Westphalia and conducted as a joint-venture by the Center for Religion and Modernity (University of Münster) and the Center for Religious Studies (CERES) of Ruhr-Universität Bochum.
Venue: Kunstmuseum Bochum, Kortumstraße 147, 44787 Bochum